Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 1996 15:16:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To:        Wags23@ix.netcom.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: General

On Sun, 20 Oct 1996 Wags23@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> If I use FreeBSD on my computer, will I still be able to use my PC as a PC and
> not just a workstation?  I guess I don't truly understand what this program
> is.  I want to know if it is just a program that I can run so that while
> running it my computer is a unix workstation, and when I don't want to use
> UNIX, I can still use my computer as a PC (ex-WIN95 and all the programs I
> already have)

Yup.  That's what it is.  You'd be wise to refer to it as an `operating
system', though, and not a `program'.  It is an operating system just as
DOS, Windows 95, and OS/2 are operating systems (or, at least, they like
to think they are --- in the case of DOS, for example, this is doubtful).

You can have the FreeBSD operating system on your computer and when you
want to use Win95 you can just reboot the computer to Win95.  In fact,
this is what I do.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk