Date:      Thu, 05 Aug 1999 14:30:57 +0200
From:      Andreas Stumpf <Andreas.Stumpf@cubes.de>
To:        Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA: "Device not configured"

Hi everybody,

my problem is solved now, thanks to all who helped.
The failure to recognise my PCIC-controller had two reasons:
 - the IO-address was non-standard at 0x3000 (in words: threethousand)
   and not configurable in BIOS
 - with FreeBSD 3.1 I could not configure the driver to use this
   address

I upgraded to FreeBSD 3.2, installed PAO, configured the right address
and now it works!

First I tried to install the PAO-Version for 3.1 but I can't recommend
this to anybody. The original PAO-kernel showed the device pcic0 in the
PCI-section of the visual-configuration, so the IO-address couldn't be
changed. Worse of all it left a patched source-tree where the kernel-
compilation failed with compiler-errors in pccard/pcic.c

Regards
Andreas