Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 1997 20:34:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      jhawkins@microlink.net
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;

I am trying to install Walnut Creek FreeBSD 2.1.5 in computer which was
assembled from parts from a large variety of sources.  The hard drive and
CD-ROM are both SCSI devices controlled by Future Domain 850/950 controller.
When I tried to install the standard kernel, the error message "no disk drives
present".  I then tried the generic kernel, the error message "panic: cannot
mount the root"

Thanks in advance.

James
is MTI USA P55-TH ISA PCI Motherboard with an Award BIOS v 4.51 PG.
The hard drive is a Seagate STk