Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 09:54:05 -0400
From:      Paul Bangert <pdbindy@ibm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems configuring a PS/2 style mouse

I have a PS/2 style mouse on my system.  When I go into the FreeBSD86 to
configure the graphic it locks up every time on the screen where I am to
select my protocal for the mouse.  I have tried not moving the mouse,
unplugging the mouse etc. but each time the same thing happens, the
machine locks up and I have to do a system reset to recover.  Any ideas?
psm0 shows up as enabled and found using irq 12 when the machine boots
up.  I can actually move the mouse around a little but it does nothing
constructive other than jumping around at the top of the screen, but the
buttons don't appear to work.
Thanks,.
--
Paul D. Bangert