Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 15:41:19 -0500
From:      "Maruca, Fran" <fmaruca@xyplex.com>
To:        "'question'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   DTE speeds for PPP or TIP

Hi,

Whenever I establish a tip session or ppp session it seems the only DTE
rate that I can achieve is 9600.  For tip I've edited the /etc/remote
file for the devices.  Here's a sample entry:

port1|Cyclades Port 1:dv=/dev/cuacA00:br#115200:pa=none

For PPP I had also specified a speed of 115200 in the ppp.conf file but
was unable to get PPP to negotiate until I brought this down to 9600.
I'm assuming that I've left out a step somewhere.  Anybody have any
ideas?

Thanks for you time.

Fran Maruca