Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 09:45:13 -0500
From:      Dan Riley <daniel@vailsys.com>
To:        Jim Marker <jemstone@ifx.net>
Cc:        Josef Belkovics <belkovic@algernon.osu.cz>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: XFree 3.3 & FreeBSD 2.2.2

Josef Belkovics wrote:

> > "Fatal Server error:
> > cannon open mouse (device busy)
> >

> > Any Ideas what the above means, and how to make it work?
> >

> I am new to XF863x too. Boot fbsd with -c (configure) and look, if
> psm0
> isn't disabled. Another informations: HARDWARE.TXT and
> /sys/i386/conf/LINT.
>
> Josef Belkovics

You can compile your ps/2 style mouse into your kernel, be sure to
remove the word "disable":

device  psm0  at isa? port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vector psmintr

Also make sure that moused (man rc.conf) isn't started :

ps ax | grep moused

if you want to run moused, cfg your mouse to run with moused
in /etc/XF86Config:

# Pointer section

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "MouseSystems"