Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 14:16:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike D Tancsa <mdtancsa@sentex.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cant allocate memory for fsck on bootup

P133, FreeBSD 2.2-RELENG cvsup'd Nov 3. 128M ram, AHC 2940.

It was running a 2.2 snapshot from August or so.  Now when
I boot, the boot dies with a message something similar
to 'cant malloc stat' just before doing an fsck on a 4gig
SCSI drive.  When I run fsck manually, the drive comes up
clean with no errors or warnings.  But when I reboot, the
same problem comes up.  Again, I run fsck, no errors, and
type exit, the bootup process continues without problem.

Any idea what the problem might be ?  The drive that has
the problem is the over.view drive for our news server,
but there is nothing special about it...

I have other 4gig drives on the same controller, and they
dont exhibit this problem.

In my kernel config, I have it set for 96 users

	---Mike