Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:11:14 -0400
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@kingsqueak.org>
To:        blackOut <blackout@gubkin.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp ? (network) troubles

First suggestion try hard configuring your nics for media type.  My
Rtl8139 based cards were miserable if left to auto config, once hard
coded, they performed as expected.  If it works the line from
/etc/rc.conf to make the media type designation permanent is

ifconfig_rl0="inet 10.0.0.2  netmask 255.255.255.0  media 10baseT/UTP"

that is if you have rl0 ;-)

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 04:38:28AM +0400, blackOut wrote:
> hello
> i have some problems with my bsd boxes. at home a have a small network 4
> boxes with freebsd (3.3-STABLE,4.0-RELEASE) so when i setup this network an
> connect it all together with hub i find that i have VERY slow connection
> through my ftp (not only ftp but all that require data connexion)  and there
> a lot of collision on hub when i transmit ever small files. when i use
> tcpdump it reported this line per 3 packets
> truncated ip 1 bytes missing .... etc stuff
> it cannot be a hardware problem because it tested on other os and work fine
> ...  please help me if u can
>
> Alekseev Anton (blackOut)
> mailto: blackout@gubkin.ru

---end quoted text---