Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 10:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/38579: daily/440.status-mailq uses sendmail-specific '-Ac' parameter

The following reply was made to PR misc/38579; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ceri Davies <ceri@FreeBSD.org>
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, sheldonh@FreeBSD.org,
	Pat Lashley <patl+freebsd@phoenix.volant.org>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 18:01:30 +0100

 On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 07:10:03PM -0700, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
 >  On 2002-05-26 12:02, Pat Lashley wrote:
 >  > The mailwrapper system makes it easy to substitute alternate MTAs
 >  > for sendmail under most circumstances; but the 440.status-mailq
 >  > script in /etc/periodic/daily uses the sendmail-specific '-Ac' flag
 >  > to mailq.
 >
 >  Or just add something like mailq-local to mailer.conf like this?
 >
 >  	mailq-local		/usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail -q -Ac
 >
 >  Then mailq-local can be called by 440.status-mailq ;-)

 That's one way of doing it.
 However, to my knowledge, exim has no concept of a "submit" queue, things are
 either on the queue or they aren't (I'mm cc'ing sheldonh as I'm pretty sure he
 will know).

 Therefore, use this little knob :

 {setantae@rhadamanth}-{~} $ grep mail /etc/periodic.conf
 daily_status_include_submit_mailq="NO"                  #

 Ceri

 --
 get the cool shoe shine