Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:04:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donn Miller <hackr_d@yahoo.com>
To:        ggm@apnic.net, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4.1.0+mga+dri+FreeBSD-4.3-stable == hang

--- Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net> wrote:
> * Ben Hockenhull <benh@jpj.net> [010614 14:33]:

> > >Yes.
> > >Quoting from a recent commit to the XFree86-4 port:
> > >
> > >     note: DRI modules would not build. They are borken for
> FreeBSD.
> > >
> > >It is a known problem. (Without a known fix unfortunately.)
>
> Can't you just roll the port back to last week and use 4.0.3?
>
> Apparently DRI works OK with that

Or, one could just download the sources from one of the XFree86
mirrors.  After all, XFree86 is pretty easy to de-install without the
aid of the ports systems.  (Just rm -rf /usr/X11R6).  Besides, most
XFree86-specific questions should be directed to xpert@xfree86.org.
Also, I'd advise people having trouble with the newest XFree to check
the xpert archives.

XFree86 mailing list info:

XPert archives:
http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/

Of course, it's your judgement on whether or not to build/install
XFree86 via the ports or not.