Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 13:52:00 -0700
From:      Shannon -jj Behrens <jj@nttmcl.com>
To:        Mats Dufberg <dufberg@nic-se.se>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic connected to IDE and 4.6

I have a similar problem on my old laptop.  I fixed it by

1) Using a snapshot of STABLE.
2) Checking for IRQ conflicts and turning things off in BIOS.

Best Regards,
-jj

--
Real programmers don't draw flowcharts.  Flowcharts are, after all, the
illiterate's form of documentation.  Cavemen drew flowcharts; look how