Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 00:25:30 -0500
From:      "J.A. Terranson" <sysadmin@mfn.org>
To:        "'William Woods'" <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: firewall question...

[=]  That's what I suspected.  Instead of rejecting
*all* ICMP packets, why not keep it to the ones that
are causing you problems...

ipfw add 100 deny icmp from any to <your network>:<netmask> icmptype 8

this will disable ping packets only, and leave other ICMP functions intact.

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org

OK, my theory behind this was blocking ping floods.....is this a legit
way to stop em or not then....