Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:20:03 -0500
From:      Matthew Landry <mbl@lelnet.com>
To:        Andy Dills <andy@xecu.net>
Cc:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: simple FreeBSD shaper questions :)

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 03:24:54PM -0500, Andy Dills wrote:
> changed that policy, which is good for you. Anyways, you wouldn't take
> that card, and wouldn't agree to any sort of arrangement we offered,
> including direct wire transfer. You basically said "fuck you I don't want
> your money". So now, and for the rest of time, I'm going to let everybody
> know that you feel that the customer is not important, and you are not
> motivated by their money. This was three years ago; do you really think
	I'm not you. I wasn't on the phone with Dennis three years
ago. Instead I was on the phone with Dennis this past October, with a
similar problem.
	I needed a license key RIGHT AWAY for a box that was going live
into colo the next morning and would bankrupt me with bandwidth fees if
etinc's software wasn't installed, configured, and working flawlessly. My
personal charge card, unknown to me, was being denied because of a
transaction limit policy I'd ignored in the fine print of my contract with
the bank. Dennis was not only willing to work with _me_ to resolve the
situation, he was willing to talk with my bank about it.
	I've never found a vendor that helpful about payment issues
before. Hell, I doubt _I_ would be that helpful in a similar situation.

	If I remember correctly, Dennis is unpopular on inet-access not
because of issues with his company, his products, or his customer service,
but because of his sometimes controversial opinions on other matters. I
can't say I agreed with him when those fights were going on. But I didn't
want to let that stop me from choosing the best product, and I'm glad I
didn't.

	Can I say from my own knowledge that Dennis wasn't a jerk three
years ago when you dealt with him? Of course not. But your experience does
not necessarily constitute a representative sample of the universe.
--
Matthew Landry              mbl@lelnet.com                       O-
LEL Network Services                           Anti-Stupid Talisman