Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:19:20 +0530 (IST)
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>, Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some Observations

> > (typing in the card specs, and all that). What I was really
> > driving at was that after installing X, some friendly (ok,
> > perhaps windows-like) desktops could also (*optionally*) be
> > installed and autoconfigured. (Gnome, KDE, Afterstep,
> > Windowmaker, ....) And then the option of a xdm/kdm/etc graphical
>
> We do have an option to do that from the installer now. :)

Thats nice. I haven't tried installing since 3.1, I just update
it with cvsup.

Anyway, FreeBSD and OpenBSD seem to be catching on among the
"academic" types: when I first got into FreeBSD almost nobody
here seemed to have heard of it. Now there are a quite a few
users at my end, though neither is close to linux right now. And
in many places linux still isn't close to windows, unfortunately,
but it's picking up.