Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:21:13 +0200
From:      Thomas Backman <serenity@exscape.org>
To:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, Johan Hendriks <Johan@double-l.nl>
Subject:   Re: buildworld error BETA1

On Jul 15, 2009, at 11:38, Ed Schouten wrote:

> Hallo Johan,
>
> * Johan Hendriks <Johan@double-l.nl> wrote:
>> mklocale -o UTF-8.out /usr/src/share/mklocale/UTF-8.src
>>
>> mklocale -o am_ET.UTF-8.out /usr/src/share/mklocale/am_ET.UTF-8.src
>>
>> am_ET.UTF-8.out: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> I fixed this the other day. Please update your sources.
>
> Groetjes,
> --
> Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
> WWW: http://80386.nl/

Is the mklocale used by buildworld in /usr/obj or the already
installed version (in (/usr)/bin)?
If it's the latter, that would explain why we've seen so many reports
of this: people build a broken version of mklocale, install it along
with the rest of "world", and then tries to build a healthy world
source tree with a broken mklocale... in which case the fix would be to
1) cvs/svn update
2) rebuild + install mklocale
3) rebuild + install world

Regards,