Date:      Tue, 3 Sep 1996 21:59:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robin Cutshaw <robin@intercore.com>
To:        robin@intercore.com (Robin Cutshaw)
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmstat on smp

> I am doing a non-parallel make and see the cpu idle at 0 and most of the
> time used in sys.  It doesn't look like the second cpu is being counted
> in total cpu percentage available.  The "sys" figure looks suspect as
> well.

Well, to answer my own question, the cpuidle0 and cpuidle1 kernel idle
processes are accumulating all of the sys ticks and they are being charged
to them rather that to idle ticks.  This explains the displayed behavior.

In kern/kern_clock.c:statclock() it looks like the check for non-null
process in sys time should also check for the process being cpuidle0
or cpuidle1.

robin
--
----
Robin Cutshaw         internet: robin@interlabs.com

    "Time is just one damn thing after another" -- PBS/Nova
----