Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 1997 14:53:34 -0600
From:      Derek Inksetter <derek@saidev.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp multi-device?

Julian Elischer allegedly wrote:
> Derek Inksetter wrote:
> >
> > How much interest is there in making user-mode ppp handle multiple devices
> > for dial-out?  My company uses ppp with "ip aliasing" and some
> > modifications to deal with multiple modems.  basically our ppp.conf has a
> > line that looks like this:
> >
> > set device /dev/cuaa0,/dev/cuaa1,...
> >

> see mpd
> (in ports)

mpd, as I understand it, is a true multilink PPP package, no?  What I have
is much simpler...if a device is busy it just spins around to the next one.
It still uses a single device at a time, it just gets to choose from a list.
--
Derek Inksetter <d.inksetter@saidev.com>
"The sooner you get behind, the more time you'll have to catch up" --Unknown