Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:07:50 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: google earth port broken

Florent Thoumie writes:

>  > Same problem here, with an ATI radeon. No complains on opengl, but hangs
>  >   on startup. I tried to remove the .googleearth profile in my homedir,
>  > and the hang shifted to 'displaying earth', but the issue remains.
>
>  Same behavior on my box. I've filled a PR on Google Earth website, I'll
>  keep you informed.

	After this morning's update (and removing the contents of
~/.googleearth)  I get:

	a) a window titled "Login Status"
	b) a window titled "Cannot access graphics card"

	The second window has a link to
"http://earth.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=43699";
clicking brings up FireFox and takes me to a page at Google which
contains no useful information (i.e. "We're sorry, but the
information you've requested cannot be found. Please try searching
or browsing the Help Center.")

				Robert Huff