Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:01:41 -0600
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        Matt Rudderham <matt@cfxu.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSup Error When Updating Sources

At 10:40 AM 1.19.2003 -0500, Bill Moran wrote:
>Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>> On 2003-01-19 01:23, Matt Rudderham <matt@cfxu.ca> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>I'm taking my first shot at upgrading my old 4.0-Release system to
4.7-Stable, when I run
>>>/usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile
>>>I get this error right off the bat,
>>>/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.7: Undefined symbol
"__stderrp"
>>>Can anyone fill me in?
>>>Thanks!
>>

>> It looks like you're trying to run a GUI version of CVSup without
>> having installed X11.  You can either install X11, or try removing
>> your cvsup package and installing the net/cvsup-without-gui version.
>
>Or use the -g option to cvsup to tell it not to start the gui.
>
>--
>Bill Moran

I supect the earlier poster was right about reading the UPDATING document
at /usr/src/UPDATING. The "...Undefined symbol "__stderrp" pertains to the
release notes righ at the top of the DOC about the COMPAT3X. You will need
to add "COMPATX3= yes" to your make.conf file. This hit you early, so you
may need to purge other parts of your system as well.

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net