Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 08:06:47 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
Cc:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>, Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>, brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk, archie@whistle.com, hackers@freebsd.org, ari.suutari@ps.carel.fi
Subject:   Re: ipdivert & masqd

In message <Pine.BSF.3.91.970129134431.969D-100000@darkstar> Charles Mott writes:
: In practice, these situations are not seen, and the packet aliasing
: software works for FTP.  The system loading is very low, and the software
: easily scales to situations where there are large numbers of users.

True.

: I don't know about IRC, but my guess is that the real situation is simpler
: than the theoretical.  Whatever Linux does to handle IRC, I am told that
: it looks fairly similar to what one does for FTP.

Yes.

You could also go out and get SLiRP, which would show you all kinds of
neat tricks for all the pathological protocols out there.  It has to
do exactly the same thing.  You could look at the TIA sources, if you
have them too, but few people do :-)

Warner