Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 1996 04:01:39 -0800
From:      mattz <mattz@sat.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CD-ROM Difficulties

I have a Hitachi IDE 4XCD-ROM connected to a Sound BlasterCompatible 16 Bit
card which is labled as an ATAPI drive.  The card as well as my driver says
that it is set to I/O:220 and IRQ:10 but even after entering these settings
with the /kernel -c boot up otion the system refuses to recognize the drive.
 are these quadspeeds not supported at this time or is something else amis.
Also are there any patches or kernels floating around that add this unit.
thank you for the assist.

						-MZ Stout