Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:45:10 -0700
From:      Jason <nordwick@scam.xcf.berkeley.edu>
To:        Thomas Gellekum <tg@melaten.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, jmz@FreeBSD.ORG, br@netland.inka.de
Subject:   Re: cannot get latex to work (HELP QUICKLY, PLEASE)

>Looks like you're missing `\documentclass{xxx}' (and probably some
>other options in the header).
>
>tg

Sorry to bother you all, but I think that the local TeX guru found the problem
(my tex installation is all messed up).

Even a simple 4 line "hello world" wasn't working.
        \documentclass{article}
        \begin{document}
        Hi
        \end{document}

I thought that it was originally a ports problem (since tetex was broken
w.r.t. the most recent libwww changes), but it is just a problem with how
I teaked TeX earler (and promptly forgot about) then LaTeX couldn't find a
few files.

Sorry for the alarm, but all of the sudden, with an entry deadline tomorrow,
my tech report wouldn't print, ack!

Thanks anyways
-jason