Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:54:21 -0800
From:      Dave Walton <dwalton@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfs mount failure at boot

I've got a BSD box that has a bunch of NFS mounts in /etc/fstab.
Everything was happy and started up fine.  But I just had to reboot it and
discovered that the nfs mounts are failing during boot.  When it gets to
that point in the boot process, the system just sits there trying to mount
and timing out, repeatedly.  If I set those mounts to noauto the system
boots fine, and I can mount them manually without a problem.

So obviously something has changed on the network in the 6 months or so
since last boot that is preventing automatic nfs mounts.  But once the
system is up there is no problem.  What could have this effect on NFS?

Thanks for any ideas,
Dave