Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:20:36 -0600
From:      Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recent issues with current

All,

I just wanted to bring to light several issues that I'm seeing now.  I
installed a new laptop with the 20020620 current snapshot from
snapshot.jp.freebsd.org, then proceeded to bring it up the date (as of
last night).  After building and installing world and kernel from these
updated sources, I'm seeing the following things:

1.  Large cvs operations (like checking out the ports tree) mysteriously
stall after a few minutes, but can be resumed if sent a signal.
2.  After crunching away on something intensive like compiling X, I
start to get the following message:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/bin/grep: Shared object has no run-time
symbol table

Rebooting the machine makes these messages go away, but the eventually
show back up.

Backup up to the 20020620 world makes these problems go away.

Scott