Date:      Sun, 04 Jun 2006 15:41:36 +0300
From:      Yousef Raffah <yraffah@savola.com>
To:        gerard@seibercom.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmanager keeps on reinstalling the same port

--=-oed+VQ0pJWkBSb4o/f/0

--=-Edu/4XhcKfA/Nnb2RvLg

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 08:06 -0400, Gerard Seibert wrote:
> On Sunday 04 June 2006 04:34, Yousef Raffah wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 12:55 -0400, Gerard Seibert wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > Well, it seems that you have a problem here:
> > >
> > > skipping openssl-0.9.8b_1 /security/openssl marked IGNORE reason:
> > > conflicts with another installed port
> >
> > I resolved the conflict and now I have one openssl installation.
> >
> > > You might want to check that out. Are you sure you have a completely
> > > fresh ports tree? If not, update it and then run"
> > >
> > > portmanager -u -l -y
> >
> > Yes I'm sure I have a fresh ports tree and I did portmanager -u -l -y
> > yesterday but I still have some skipping packages :(
> >
> > > and see if that corrects the other problems. Then try to install the
> > > package. Did portmanager actually exit or did you stop it manually?
> > > There is no mention in the log file you supplied of it exiting the bu=
ild
> > > process.
> >
> > Portmanager exited by itself, I did not interrupt it. Can I attach the
> > portmanager.log file to the list?
>=20
> I experienced something similar when I had BATCH defined in the /etc/make=
.conf=20
> file. If you also have it set to 'yes' then I would recommend that you re=
move=20
> it.
>=20
> It would be helpful if you supplied the contents of the 'portmanager.log'=
=20
> file, as well as the 'pm-020.conf' and 'make.conf' files. I cannot reprod=
uce=20
> the problem you are having, and I use portmanager on a regular basis.
>=20
Thanks for trying to help me resolve this, please find attached the
portmanager.log and here are my other files:

# cat /etc/make.conf
CPUTYPE=3Dpentium3
NO_I4B=3Dtrue
NO_INET6=3Dtrue
NO_RCMDS=3Dtrue
NO_SHAREDOCS=3Dtrue
ENABLE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_EAPOL=3Dtrue
# added by use.perl 2006-06-03 12:53:20
PERL_VER=3D5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=3D5.8.8

Here is my pm-020.conf
# cat /usr/local/etc/portmanager/pm-020.conf

#
# port manager example configuration file       ver 0.2.0
#
# effective 0.3.9 if portupgrade is installed, portmanager
# merges settings in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf with those
# in this file each time it is run.  If you have pkgtools.conf
# setup just the way you like, there should is no reason
# to change this file.
#

CATEGORY/PORT|OPTION=3D|          # do not delete this line!

#
# port  | options |
#

#www/linuxpluginwrapper|WITH_PLUGINS=3D1|
#*/*|FORCE_PACKAGE=3D1|
#textproc/docproj|JADETEX=3Dno|
#textproc/libxml2|THREADS=3Doff SCHEMA=3Don MEM_DEBUG=3Doff XMLLINT_HIST=3D=
off
THREAD_ALLOC=3Doff|
#
# Effective 0.3.9 use of wild cars is ok
#
#textproc/*|THREADS=3Doff SCHEMA=3Don MEM_DEBUG=3Doff THREAD_ALLOC=3Doff|
#*/libxm*|THREADS=3Doff SCHEMA=3Don MEM_DEBUG=3Doff THREAD_ALLOC=3Doff|

#
# do not let portmanager update the following ports
#

IGNORE|editors/openoffice*|

#IGNORE|java/jdk14|

#
# STOP/START these programs if they are updated
#
# Stop command will be run after program is built, before
# old installed version is removed
#
# Start command will be run after rebuilt program is
# installed and successfully registerd
#
# note:
#       must have leading "/" in /{category}/{port dir}
#       anything after  /{category}/{port dir} is run as
#       a sh shell command
#
#STOP|/mail/postfix /usr/local/sbin/postfix stop|
#START|/mail/postfix /usr/local/sbin/postfix start|
#STOP|/www/linuxpluginwrapper rm -R /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins
&& ln
-s /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins|
#START|/www/linuxpluginwrapper rm
-f /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins|

--
Sincerely,
Yousef Raffah

Aren't you using Firefox? Get it at http://www.getfirefox.com