Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 22:51:00 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
To:        Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB CD-RW drive

SOrry for the slow response. If all goes well this device should
eventually (in a month or two) be supported. Most ATAPI devices use the
bridge from Shuttle or the one from another company, of which I cannot
remember the name at the moment.

The difficulty is twofold at the moment. First the wire protocol has to
be implemented and second some form of atapi driver on top of this has
to be created.

If you want to be sure to stay on top of this subscribe yourself to the
usb-bsd@egroups.com mailing list. I'll save a copy of your message
locally in the appropriate folder to update you when it is ready, but I
have the tendency to forget that or postpone it until it is already in
4.x included :-)

Cheers,

Nick

n_hibma@webweaving.org