Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:06:08 +0100
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: tinydns

>There you go. I'm 99.9% sure the upgrade will fix it.

Me, too, Troy.

After months of stability with 8.2.3 TxB on NT4 and 8.2.2p5 on
FreeBSD, in early Feb, I began having named stopping (I suspect
script kiddies just taking down every DNS they could find).

I upped to  8.2.3 all around (1 x NT, 3 x Fbsd) and recovered perfect
stability.  The FreeBSD's named's were compiled from source, not the
ports or pkgs.  The NT4 version was Danny Mayer's port on my site.

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : Binary for ISC BIND 8.2.3 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways