Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:38:50 +0300
From:      Dmitry Krivenok <krivenok.dmitry@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   printf doesn't work from kernel modules

Hello Hackers,
Recently I installed 8.1 on my laptop and recompiled the kernel.
The system works fine, but I have a strange problem with my own
trivial kernel module.
I noticed that printf function doesn't produce any output (according to
dmesg) if I call it from a module. Note, that the same module works
perfectly on another 8.1 and CURRENT systems. Moreover, I added
debug message (printf ("Bla bla bla\n");)  in my kernel and found that
it works fine (i.e. works if compiled directly in kernel, but doesn't work
from module). Same effect with stock 8.1 kernel.

I see the same problem with examples in /usr/share/examples/kld.

I don't believe this is a real problem in FreeBSD. I'm sure this is some
kind of configuration issue, but I cannot understand what exactly is wrong.

What could cause such behaviour?
Any ideas?

Thanks!

--