Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 18:12:24 +0300
From:      omax@mail.lviv.ua
To:        PJourdan <info@lespetitsplaisirs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: double scsi boot

Hello PJourdan,

My boot.ini is following

[boot loader]
timeout=1
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(4)\Windows="XP Pro (ad0s6)" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINNT="NT5 Pro Stable (ad0s5)" /fastdetect
c:\bootsect.bsd="FreeBSD 4.3"
c:\="dos (ad0s3)"

So you can see four OS's (Win98, Win2000, WinXP and lovely FreeBSD)

Where to take bootsect.bsd?
Just do following in your shell:
$ cp /boot/boot1 /dos/c/bootsect.bsd

where /dos/c/ is mount point for your disk c: and is bootable

Sunday, May 19, 2002, 2:54:50 AM, you wrote:

P> I'm having some mail problems, so I hope you are getting my mail.
P> The tekram BIOS is a utility to set the boot disk and other configuration
P> options for the scsi devices. Everything seems to work ok on the disks. I
P> have the W2K on the first partition of one of the drives in NTFS (6.8gb)
P> and the other partition (logical, I believe) is FAT.  But, I notice that no
P> configurations work for grub that list both the primary particion and the
P> logical one - like (hd0,0,a) nor (hd0,a) - anyway it refuses the NTFS....
P> I guess there are no gurus out there for grub - on W2K-Pro, scsi and Tekram :-(

Best regards,
 omax                            mailto:omax@mail.lviv.ua