Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:04:29 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "Ruben de Groot" <fbsd-q@bzerk.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Andreas Ntaflos" <ant@overclockers.at>
Subject:   Re: cheat sheet?  apache, mod_ssl, mod_php, mysql

From: "Ruben de Groot" <fbsd-q@bzerk.org>
To: "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:03 AM

> On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 08:43:00AM -0600, Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo,
S.P. typed:
> > Anyone have a 'cheat sheet' for an install
> > of apache, mod_php4, mod_ssl, mysqld?
> >
> > I'm about sick of:
> >
> > grok a dozen web pages
> > more through the INSTALL *one more time*
> > *guessing* at the right flags,
> > ./configure, make, etc......
> >
> > and would be grateful for any pointers...
>
> cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server
> make install clean
> cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl
> make install clean
> cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
> make install clean
>
> Make sure your ports tree is up-to-date.
>
> Ruben

Thanks Ruben, and Andreas, who sent a freshly
written paper from his personal collection.   Since
both of you are basically in agreement here, it must
be me :-(   I can't imagine that it's that easy and I failed,
but I have been known to make brain-dead mistakes
before.  I will try once again and see how it goes.

My general experience is that mod_php4 has to
be spoon fed a lot of configure options in order
to be built with sql or ssl support, and the ports
tree Makefiles didn't *seem* to handle this for me...

Kevin Kinsey