Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:39:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Darren Henderson <darren@bmv.state.me.us>
To:        Matt Coulter <mcoulter@syracusemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd functionality

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Matt Coulter wrote:

> I am looking for resources/tutorials on freebsd that are designed for
> someone who has to code pages that will be served from freebsd - not for
> System Admins who are running the machine.
>
> For example does FreeBSD 4.1.1 support server side includes?

The web server and the operating system are distinct.

Apache is the typical web server but it may be roxxan or a number of
others. What is available under those servers is dependent on how the
sysadmin has configured them. Your best bet is to ask the people who take
care of the system you plan to use. SSI, php, mysql, mod_perl etc are not
uncommon components on web hosting sites.