Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:07:45 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Gareth Hopkins <gareth@uunet.co.za>
To:        Matthew Bettinger <mbettinger@championelevators.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell Perc3 raid cards

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Matthew Bettinger wrote:

MB>Hello,
MB>
MB> We are looking for a dell box to run a small (MySQL) database on and
MB>was curious as to how well the raid card support is in these newer
MB>machines.  A box that would meet our needs would be something along the
MB>lines of a power edge 1650.  These come with  PERC3-DI,128MB Battery
MB>Backed Cache RAID cards.  Does anyone have an experience using these
MB>cards with bsd and,  actually replacing a disk (raid 5) using the raid
MB>utilis that come with the 4.8 branch of BSD ?

Howdie,

	We are running 4.8-Stable on 2650's and are very happy.
Replacement disks for failed drives are automatically configured and added to
whatever raid you are running.

---
Gareth Hopkins
Server Operations
http://www.uunet.co.za
08600 UUNET (08600 88638)

"The contents of this e-mail and any accompanying documentation is
confidential and any use thereof, in whatever form, by anyone other
than the addressee for whom it is intended, is strictly prohibited."