Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:08:42 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <freebsd@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   /dev/null: No such file or directory

I have linux_base-fc-4_8 installed, clean install, and the two sysctl
referred to in /usr/ports/UPDATING haven't been changed from the default:

# sysctl -a | grep compat.linux.osname
compat.linux.osname: Linux
# sysctl -a | grep compat.linux.osrelease
compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2

But, when I try to run configure from a chroot environment, I get:

../gcc-4.0.3/configure: line 533: /dev/null: No such file or directory

I've searched through /usr/ports/UPDATING, but am not finding anything
except for the section on "remove /compat/linux completely", which I've
done ...

So, either the port isn't creating something, or I'm missing something in
the UPDATING doc :(

Help ...

----