Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:42:16 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: It is time to admit that removable devices exist

In message <20020624163116.J95270-100000@sasami.jurai.net>, "Matthew N. Dodd" w
rites:
>On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>> Please find enclosed the beginnings of a patch to make removable devices
>> better represented in the system.  Right now all it adds is a mechanism
>> by which client drivers can ask if the device is still really there or
>> not.
>
>If a device driver is ever in a position to ask this question when a
>device is not actually present then we've got larger issues.

Yes, but shooting the JEDEC/PCMCIA/PCCARD standards groups is too
late now :-)

Notice how there is no mechanical lock on your pccards ?

When you eject a pccard, we may get in pccard-socket interrupt
before it disappears but we may also not.  Depending on the world+dog
this interrupt me come before, during or after the relevant device
driver enters its interrupt routine.