Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 1995 03:44:36 +0159 (MET DST)
From:      Gerd Truschinski <gt@freebsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some install failures

Hi there,

I tried to use send-pr. But it seems to have some problems here.
So I send it to the list.

>Environment:
 486 with SCSI drives.
 I have installed only the ...bin/bin* on a new system.
 My sources are from freebsd.first.gmd.de, ca. 1.Sept.95

   1.  During the 'make world' update there was a file missing:
        /usr/share/dict/eign
       and this is the error message
       ===> share/doc/memfs
       indexbib -o ref.bib /home/src/share/doc/papers/memfs/ref.bib
       indexbib: fetch error: can't open /usr/share/dict/eign

   2. tcsh:
       During the install of this port there are some Directories
       missing:
       /usr/local/share/nls/C
       /usr/local/share/de_DE.ISO_8859
        and all the other ..ISO.. directories

>How-To-Repeat:

        Install a virgian system. I have to do it because Xfree killed
        my first partition (the memory mapped mode of the SVGA server)

>Fix:

        I am not good in scripts. So it is up to you

        1. put 'eign' in the bin distribution
           or install indxbib correctly befor it is used
        2. Build first the directories in which tcsh try
           to install the 'tcsh.cat' files

Have fun, /gT/
--
Gerd Truschinski         | Yes, this is the sort of scenario I
gt@freebsd.first.gmd.de  | think up to amuse myself in the evenings.