Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:04:04 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        desrt@desrt.ca, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFR] Kevent timer improvements

Adrian Chadd wrote this message on Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:47 -0700:
> On 10 March 2014 06:16, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > A glib developer pointed me to some of the improvements Apple has done on
> > kqueue(2), some of those improvements are used or will be used by glib in the
> > near futur, plus add new one.
> >
> > I decided to implement part of it and here is the first patch about it:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/kevent.diff
>
> +jmg, he's also done stuff with queue.

and the maintainer of kqueue.. :)

The patch looks fine, but it's missing the updates to kqueue(2) to
describe what the new flags do...

Also, it would be good to see updates to tools/regression/kqueue/timer.c
to support the additional flags to make sure that they don't break in
the future...

P.S. Adrian, you still need to do some kqueue(2) updates yourself. :)

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579