Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 08:25:13 -0800
From:      priag <priag@nsd.3com.com>
To:        oi-users@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   vanishing dialog box

Hi -

We have an application which uses an object subclassed from
OI_dialog_box to display results of a long-running operation. If the
user closes the dialog box while the operation is running, I need
to terminate that operation since there's no longer any place to
display the output.

If the user selects the abort button on the dialog box,
everything works fine:  I clean up and close the window.

If the user dismisses the window from the window decoration, however,
I can't get the behavior I want.  Since the operation may run for
quite a while, I would like to be able to prompt the user and
dismiss the window/cancel the operation ONLY if the user confirms.
In fact, my unpin callback gets called, but even if I return without
taking down the window, OI makes it disappear after I return
(apparently setting state to OI_not_displayed - it's not destroyed,
just not visible).

Is there any way to prevent this?  I tried adding a terminate call
back but it doesn't get called unless a button is selected.  Any other
ideas?

Thanks,

Pria Graves