Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:32:53 +0900
From:      Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        scrappy@hub.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: make release.9 fails ... ?

scrappy>   I found the release man page this evening, after more searching, and
scrappy> understand from it that a simple:

From release(7):

     floppies   Generate a new set of boot floppies.  This will call the
                release.5, release.9, and release.10 targets to re-generate
                the floppy images of a previous ``make release''.  This is
                most often used to build custom boot floppies.

Be aware the word "re-generate" (not "generate"); you'll need to run
"make release" first.  In theory, you can use "floppies" target after
you've run release.[1-4] (and doc.[12] if you want RELNOTESng documents).

scrappy>   Known bug, or is there another step that I need to run first?

Maybe a bug, but it is an expected behavior.

-- -
Makoto `MAR' Matsushita