Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 08:32:19 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATTENTION: Call for opinion re: root device naming change

> - Backout; our configuration is pathological and the new code does not work.

I should not be "frozen out" of the 2.2 branch on my production machines
with no upgrade path short of reformatting the HD's. 2.2 is not yet dead,
and should not die until 3.0 (or 2.3, should it happen instead) has proven
itself "production-stable".

If 1) there is a solution that does not require a total rebuild of the disk
and 2) it gets adequately documented (and perhaps supported by a configuration
analysis script), then I don't object to having to alter fstab in order to
track
the changes.

Richard Wackerbarth