Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:07:29 -0400
From:      Vinny <vinny-mail-01+f.questions20080917@palaceofretention.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OO 2.4.1 package problem

Hi Ghirai,

> I installed OOo_2.4.1_FreeBSD70Intel_install_en-US.tbz, along with the required deps,
> as well as diablo-jre-freebsd7.i386.1.6.0.07.02.tbz.
>
> Now i'm getting this error:
>
> [ghirai@deimos /usr/home/ghirai]$ openoffice.org-2.4.1
> javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
> The application cannot be started.
> The component manager is not available.
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I ran into this error using the package you mention.  It turned
out to be a problem with javaldx not recognizing the FreeBSD
Foundation as a provider of a Java run-time.  I had to fix it
by updating my ports tree and building OOo from source.
Hopefully, this is possible on your system.

I read about it in the openoffice at freebsd mailing list.
The new source has the javaldx fix.

Vinny