Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 2015 11:44:55 +0300
From:      "Dmitriy Kulikov" <dmitri_koulikov@mail.ru>
To:        "Ivan Kurtev" <ikurtev@gmail.com>, <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing FREEBSD on HP ProLiant DL60 Gen9

Hi!

Using of gmirror is a legacy decision. I suggest you to study the =
documentation on ZFS. It provides many advantages, especially with =
larger drives (over 300GB).
In particular, ZFS provides quick system recovery when a sudden =
power-off (when fsck can run for a very long time).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZFS
https://blogs.oracle.com/roch/entry/when_to_and_not_to
http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Best_Practices_Guide
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/819-5461/index.html