Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:34:21 +0200 (MEST)
From:      fabio.f@gmx.de
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Applications

Hello,
I'm Fabio from Germany Berlin, and I've tried out FreeBSD 4.4 & FreeBSD 4.5
on my Fujitsu Nootbook with 32 RAM. But there are three Problems, which
frustating me:
1. Where do I know how to start the applications a have installed. For
example what is the command for the game Clanbomber and where is the info. In SuSE
Linux ther was the "Suse Helpsystem" with the package description for the
Browser where you can find these infos. But on FreeBSD?
2. Allways the 4th CD on both versions makes often trouble while installing
the packages via /stand/sysinstall. "Can't install package xxx" . X86free
3.3.6.10 not found as a dependency. Why is that?
3.I have a notebook Fujitsu A Lightline 3200. Linux told me there is an ESS
Soundcard and configured it via SAX2. But how on FreeBSD. I have tried the
entries "pcm" and "sbc" in the GENERIC kerner and recompiled it. But nothing
happened. Then I tried "pcm" and "sbc at isa? port 220 irq 5 drq 1 flag 0x15.
But nothing happens. What do I have : ISA, PCI, PnP or non PnP?
Thank you,
Greetings from Berlin,
Fabio

http://www.gmx.net