Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 09:02:18 +0900 (JST)
From:      ytsuji@mn.waseda.ac.jp (dr yoshimasa tsuji)
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fasttrak100

Hello,
 I posted a query a week ago, asking how to make use of FastTrak 100,
and have had advice that I should use -stable. As a newcomer to FreeBSD,
 and have no idea how to compile "kernel",  I looked for an ISO image
 file and ran 4.5p4. But the result has made no difference.
  It is true that the kernel handles FastTrak100 all right after a
 fashion in that it allows me to use two IDE drives connected to FastTrak100.
But the reason I use FastTrak100 is not exactly that way: I want to
 use it as a RAID device. The drives are set up in BIOS that the one
 is the master and the other a mirror, but FreeBSD makes me treat them
as two independent drives.

If there is anyone out there who has manged to use Promise FastTrak
 100 X2 with FreeBSD, give me a line, please (ytsuji@mn.waseda.ac.jp)

Thanks
Tsuji