Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:06:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      tang hongbin <hongbintang@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How can I add new ESP encryption functions into FreeBSD kernel

Dear Sir/Madam;

       A problem is troubling me in ages. I want to
add my encryption algorithm of ESP, an algorithm like
DES, into FreeBSD kernel so as to make kernel
recognize it. I added its definitions in
/usr/src/sys/net/pfkeyv2.h, added specific functions
implementation into
/usr/src/sys/netinet6/esp.core.c and added a  new
subdirectory in sys/crypto. Afterwards I rebuild
kernel, but system can't recognize my ESP encryption
algorithm when I use PF socket to add a new SA into
SAD including my new encryption.

     In a word, please tell me what I should do step
by step if I want to add a new ESP encryption
algorithm that I have implemented  into kernel so that
I can use setkey commmand or sock system call to add
SAs into SAD and the kernel can use fucntions I
provided to encrypt or decrypt incoming or outgoing IP
packages.

  Any your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerelly yours,

Tang hongbin