Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:58:25 GMT
From:      "gs_stoller@juno.com" <gs_stoller@juno.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CDROM  and data on it

	I am running  FreeBSD  4.3  (see  uname -a  below) and I have only used=
 the  CDROM  to install new versions of  FreeBSD .  Now I want to use it=
 for file storage.  What programs must I have to be able to read from an=
d write to a  CDROM ?  What is the structure of information on a  CDROM =
?  If it is a  FreeBSD  file system, how do I  mount  the device, or doe=
s  mount -ing it cause it to be considered a file system and that isn't =
what I want?  If I want to share a  CDROM  with  MSDOS  systems, how wou=
ld I  mount  it (as an  MSDOS  file system)?  What about listing the fil=
es and directories (if any) on it?
	Are the programs the same for  FreeBSD 6.0 ?

FreeBSD  4.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE #0: Sat Apr 21 10:54:49 GMT 200=
1 jkh@narf.osd.bsdi.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386