Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2008 12:04:27 -0800
From:      "vincenzo romero" <new2xen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, "Erik Cederstrand" <erik@cederstrand.dk>
Subject:   Solved: FreeBSD diskless workstation boot over Linux PXE server

Hello Erik and all,

thank you for all the help;  all my issues are resolved, mostly
stemming from silly misconfigurations and typos:

1.  rc.conf file is missing - was caused by a typo - missing "#" from
a comment line that began with the string "rc.conf".

2.  i had some getty errors - bec. my /usr directory was not
completely "tar'ed or cpio'ed" into my NFS root export.

When I have iron'ed out and ensured that I followed Erik's instructions below:
http://www.locolomo.org/pub/pxeboot/diskless.html

I was fine.

thanks again.

- V.