Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:30:12 +0000
From:      Paul B Mahol <onemda@gmail.com>
To:        Alex <alex323@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless problems on 8.0-RELEASE

On 1/6/10, Alex <alex323@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I am having connection issues with multiple servers, and I think it
> might be related to FreeBSD. Whenever I try to log in to Paypal or edit
> Wikipedia, I get no response from the web server after POSTing the form
> data. Additionally, when I try to email a colleague a file (Claws
> 3.7.3), the transfer to gmail's SMTP server stops at *exactly* 36864
> bytes, every time. The file is only ~600KB.
>
> I am using wireless on a Thinkpad X200:
> 44C8733I SBB THINKPAD B/G/N 44C5194I SBB INTEGRWIRELESSWIDEAREANETW
> which appears to be a RTL8192SE. I am using the drivers provided by the
> manufacturer combined with ndis.
>
> My MTU is set to 1500, and net.inet.tcp.tso is disabled.

That is irrelevant because MTU setting is completely ignored by
ndisapi and if_ndis.

> Does anyone know why this might be happening?

There are many possible reasons, but I never experienced upload problems
with NDISulator. (well only when using powerd with aggressive settings,
this way watchdog did happened when transferring at high speeds ...
but tranfer completed just fine)

What is dmesg output related to ndis0?

You could also try code from here:
http://www.gitorious.org/ndisulator