Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:29:06 -0700
From:      Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
To:        Wahyu Hidayat <wahyuhid@yahoo.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: running out of mbuf

There are two "kinds" of mbufs, to put it simply, mbufs with internal
storage (1st item in netstat -m) and mbufs with preallocated external
storage (2nd item).  Running out of either will cause the error you
saw.  If you continue to see the problem, you need to increase either
the number of mbufs or the number of mbuf clusters, whichever you ran
out of.

Skye