Date:      Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:47:48 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        fbsd_user <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, ale@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: All  php ports maintained by Ale missing long descriptions

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, fbsd_user wrote:

> Ale
>
> Why do all the ports that deal with php that have your name as maintainer
> have no long description that says what the port does?
> They all have the same content talking about what php is.
> How is your stupid standard meaningless php long description helping users
> determine what the port does???
> I don't remember the php ports being this way in the past?
> This makes all the php ports useless. This needs fixing.

Wow, I found them fairly intuitive:

php4-ftp adds the ftp extension
php4-pgsql adds the pgsql extension
php4-mysqli adds teh mysqli_* functions
php4-session adds session support ...

the port itself is self-describing, or so *I* thought ... what do you find
confusing about the format?  Does your mind somehow truncate once you hit
the - and dooesn't register teh -pgsql part of it?  so you need a long
pkg-descr that states:

Thie port add the pgsql extension to php4

?

----