Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 20:28:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcm, bktr, etc....

Well, as it turns out, my ethernet, and my bktr device have no problem
shareing IRQ's, but my soundcard has plenty of problems, even when it gets
it's own irq... it plays sound through the sound-in just fine, but the dsp
doesn't work quit right: Applications can play sound (although it plays a
little too fast), and when they try to stop playing sound, they just
stutter until something else tries to use the dsp device.

Also, my bios is really freaky. It refuses to assign any irqs except 10
and 11 to installed PCI devices. I can't figure it out. I've completely
rearranged everything and it still refuses to work properly.

Here is the pcm part of a dmesg:

pcm0: <Aureal Vortex 8820> irq 10 at device 19.0 on pci0
pcm0: irq test failed
pcm0: codec timeout reading register 2 (fe7604)
pcm0: codec timeout reading register 26 (fe7604)
ac97: dac not ready

Thanks

Kenneth Culver